VINEYARDS

In the Vale do Forno, we have installed 4.5 hectares of 3 small vineyard blocks with completely distinct geological, soil and climate conditions that allows us to explore all of the enological potential of this great region. Today, about about 70% of our wines are produced from our own grapes, while the other 30% are sourced from small local producers. In 2005 we´ve started our project with only 0.5 hectare of a family parcel, and have been buying more land ever since. Our objective is to be 100% self sufficient within the next 10 years.

1/4

SUSTAINABILITY

We practice a viticulture that is based on sustainability through organic farming, protecting the region’s biodiversity. We believe that through this process, we can concede a greater authenticity and character to our wines. We resort to family labor and occasionally to some local rural workers, enabling a better use and development of the region’s capabilities and resources.

VINEYARD MANAGEMENT

The handling of each vineyard block is planned and executed according to the different soil and variety compositions and other viticulture factors, in order to achieve a complete and balanced maturation that has the specific characteristics of each variety and terrain. We decided to replant most of our vineyards in order to have a more balanced productions and maturations through the use of a different pruning system. In BAIRRADA, a traditional vineyard has an adaptation of the guyot system, which allows for very high yields. We decided to have unilateral cordon training with a higher canopy, which allows for better aeration and sun exposure, lower yields and better phenolic maturation.

REXARTE VINEYARD

The Rexarte vineyard is a hill with exposure to the west and has a sandy soil from the Pliocene Epoch where we have planted traditional white varieties, Cercial and Bical. In 2009, we acquired a 0.5 hectare plot adjacent to this vineyard, which has the particularity of being a transition zone between clay and sandy loam soils. Here we have installed Baga.

1/1

VALE DOM PEDRO

The Vale do Dom Pedro vineyard is located in an opposite slope to Rexarte. Separated by a small stream, it has completed different soils: clay and limestone and sand. For this reason, we decided to install baga here. Planted in 2009, this 0.5 ha plot with nascent exposure highlights the natural freshness of baga. 

BARRIO VINEYARD

The BÁRRIO vineyard is located in a valley. The relief is slightly undulated and the soil has a calcareous clay origin from the Jurassic Period. Here we have  planted exclusively BAGA. This vineyard is divided into 3 different plots: an old bush vineyard with a registration from 1932, called BÁRRIO VELHO (0.2 ha); the CANCELINHA parcel (1.3 ha) planted in 2013; and the BÁRRIO do FORNO (1.2 ha) plot, installed in 2007. It´s name, which means “oven” comes from where the vineyard is installed, an area where there were 7 kilns of lime due to its great abundance of limestone.

POCentro_PT2020_FEDER_Bom.png

Contactos:

Adega do Vadio

Rua Dr. Manuel Rodrigues N28A

Poutena

3780-594 Vilarinho do Bairro

e-mail: geral@vadio.pt

  • Preto Ícone Instagram
  • Preto Ícone Facebook
  • Preto Ícone Twitter